On this page we would like to give you, as a person affected by data protection law, an overview of the processing of your personal data by us and your rights under data protection law.
The processing of personal data, for example your name or your e-mail address, is always carried out in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR/DSGVO) and in compliance with the national data protection regulations applicable to us, such as the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
Responsible for the processing of your data is the following company:
talsand GmbH & Co. KG
Kölner Straße 41
Mr Simon Schleifnig
Tel.: +49 175 5339786
Please feel free to ask us questions regarding data collection and processiong at any time.
II. Your right as data subject
1. you have the right,
– pursuant to Art. 15 DSGVO to request information about the personal data processed by us concerning you and to the information listed in Art. 15 para. 1 lit. a)-h) DSGVO. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details (“right of information”);
– to demand the rectification of inaccurate personal data relating to you and the completion of incomplete personal data without delay (“right to rectification”) in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO;
– pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO, to request the erasure of personal data concerning you, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (“right to erasure”);
– to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO (“right to restriction of processing”);
– pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us in the course of giving your consent or for the performance of a contract, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible and does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other persons (“right to data portability”);
– revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. In this case, we may no longer process the data based on this consent in the future, whereby the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent until the revocation is not affected (“right to revoke consent”);
– not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, in accordance with Article 22 of the GDPR, unless the decision is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and us, is permitted by law or is based on your explicit consent.
2. right of objection
If data processing is carried out on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO, you also have the right to object to us processing at any time pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising or associated profiling. If you object, we may no longer process your personal data unless there are demonstrably compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims. This exception does not apply insofar as your objection is directed against direct marketing or related profiling. In that case, we may no longer process your personal data for this purpose under any circumstances. To exercise your right of objection, you can, for example, send us an appropriate e-mail.
3. right of appeal
Finally, in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO, you also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose.
4. storage of data
We store your data for the period corresponding to the regular statute of limitations (3 years beginning with the end of the year in which you made the data known to us), taking into account the legitimate interests. After that, your data will be deleted unless we are obliged by law to retain it for a longer period, e.g. to retain invoices (10 years) or business letters (6 years) in accordance with § 147 AO. In such cases, your data will be blocked for use for the duration of further storage and then deleted.
III. Processing of your personal data and purpose of processing
1. your visit to our website
When you access our website, the browser you use automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The data collection and processing is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO for the purpose of a smooth connection setup of the website, a comfortable use of our website, the evaluation of system security and stability as well as for further administrative purposes.
This is the following information, which is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
– IP address of the requesting computer,
– Date and time of access,
– Name and URL of the retrieved file,
– Website from which the access is made (so-called referrer URL),
– The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
You can send us a message using the contact options provided. By sending us your message, you consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) a) DSGVO to the processing of your personal data transmitted with your message in such a way that we may use it for the purpose of answering or processing your request and communicating with you. The processing is therefore also based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
Note: You can set your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. As a precaution, we would like to point out that the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that not all functions of our website can be used.
4. website service
a) Google Analytics
For analysis purposes, we use the “Google (Universal) Analytics” tool on our website, a web analysis service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”). This serves to protect our legitimate interests, which outweigh our interests in the context of a balancing of interests, in the optimal marketing, ongoing optimisation and needs-based design of our offer. The processing of your data described below is therefore carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) f) DSGVO.
We use Google (Universal) Analytics exclusively with anonymisation of the IP address. A direct reference to a person is excluded through an abbreviation. Through the extension, your IP address is shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google LLC. server in the USA and shortened there.
Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google (Universal) Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
Google Analytics also enables the creation of statistics with statements about the age, gender and interests of site visitors on the basis of an evaluation of interest-based advertising and with the involvement of third-party information via a special function, the so-called “demographic characteristics”.
This allows the definition and differentiation of user groups of the website for the purpose of targeting marketing measures. However, data records collected via the “demographic characteristics” cannot be assigned to a specific person. All of the processing described above, in particular the setting of Google Analytics cookies for reading out information on the end device used, will only be carried out if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
Without this consent, Google Analytics will not be used during your visit to the site. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
We have concluded an order processing agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics, which obliges Google to protect the data of our site visitors and not to pass it on to third parties.
For the transfer of data from the EU to the USA, Google refers to so-called standard data protection clauses of the European Commission, which are supposed to ensure compliance with the European level of data protection in the USA.
Further information on Google (Universal) Analytics can be found here:
Our website uses MonsterInsights, a cookie-based tool for evaluating visitor access. The provider is MonsterInsights, LLC. , 7732 Maywood Crest Dr, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33412, United States.
MonsterInsights cookies are stored on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO. We have a legitimate interest in the anonymised analysis of your user behaviour in order to optimise our website.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. If you deactivate cookies, the functionality of our website may be limited.
Wir We use the tool “Wordfence” on our website. Wordfence is used to protect the website from attacks, malware and other unauthorised access. The provider is Defiant, Inc, 800 5th Ave Ste 4100, Seattle, WA 98104, USA (hereinafter Wordfence).
Wordfence establishes a permanent connection to our website in order to be able to block access to our website by comparing it with a database if necessary.
The use of Wordfence by us is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. We have a legitimate interest in protecting its website as comprehensively as possible from unauthorised access and attacks.
For the transfer of data from the EU to the USA, Wordfence relies on so-called standard data protection clauses of the European Commission, which are supposed to ensure compliance with the European level of data protection in the USA.
More information can be found here: https://www.wordfence.com/help/general-data-protection-regulation/.
talsand GmbH & Co. KG
Kölner Straße 41 | 40211 Düsseldorf